- Studying Law at Yale
- Our Faculty
Centers & Workshops
- Centers & Workshops
- Paul Tsai China Center
- Collaboration for Research Integrity and Transparency (CRIT)
- Cultural Cognition Project
- Debating Law and Religion Series
- Global Health Justice Partnership
- Gruber Program for Global Justice and Women’s Rights
- Human Rights Workshop: Current Issues & Events
- Information Society Project
- John M. Olin Center for Law, Economics and Public Policy
- The Justice Collaboratory
- Abdallah S. Kamel Center for the Study of Islamic Law and Civilization
- Law, Economics & Organization Workshop
- Legal History Forum
- Legal Theory Workshop
- The Arthur Liman Center for Public Interest Law
- Middle East Legal Studies Seminar
- The Oscar M. Ruebhausen Fund
- Orville H. Schell, Jr. Center for International Human Rights
- Robina Foundation Human Rights Fellowship Initiative
- The Solomon Center for Health Law and Policy
- Yale Center for Law and Philosophy
- Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy
- Yale Law School Center for Global Legal Challenges
- Yale Law School Center for the Study of Corporate Law
- Yale Law School Center for Private Law
- Yale Law School Latin American Legal Studies
- Quinnipiac-Yale Dispute Resolution Workshop
- Bert Wasserman Workshop in Law and Finance
- Workshop on Chinese Legal Reform
- Student Life
- Admissions & Financial Aid
- YLS Today
- Admissions application deadline: February 28, 2019
- Costs & financial aid: Tuition and Fees, $64,267; about 70 percent of students receive some form of need-based financial aid. Nearly sixty percent of students receive grants with an average grant of $25, 980. Yale Law School has one of the most generous post-graduate loan forgiveness programs in the country. Last year, YLS provided more than $5.3M to over 400 graduates.
- 2021 J.D. acceptance rate: 6.8 percent; enrollment rate: 83 percent.
- Courses: More than 180 courses offered each year, with many opportunities for independent research and writing.
- Programs: J.D., LL.M., J.S.D., Ph.D., and M.S.L.; many joint degrees, including J.D.-M.B.A., J.D.-Ph.D., and J.D.-M.A.
- More than 30 clinics available, starting spring term first year; 75 percent of students take clinics
- Of the 204 members of the Class of 2021, 46 percent are students of color, 48 percent are women, 27 percent are first generation professionals, and nine percent are the first in their family to go to college.
- Students in the Class of 2021 come from 12 different countries, 36 different states, and 77 different undergraduate institutions. Together, they have worked and lived in 63 different countries and read and speak 28 different languages. They also hold 57 advanced degrees.
- Student/faculty ratio: 7 to 1
- Average class size: under 20 students
- Yale Law School offers generous fellowships for summer public interest work.
- Yale Law School has more than 13,000 alumni who are leaders in law firms, corporations, public interest, business, government, the judiciary, and academics in the United States and around the world.
Lillian Goldman Law Library
- The Lillian Goldman Law Library has nearly one million print volumes as well as unparalleled access to domestic, foreign, and international law databases.
- Special strengths of the collection include interdisciplinary works emphasizing law and the social sciences, extensive print and online resources covering foreign and international law, and an exceptional collection of rare and historical law books.
- The Public Affairs Office provides a range of services to media requesting information on the Law School, its faculty, students, and programs.
- YLS hosts hundreds of events each year on timely issues ranging from corporate ethics to food laws in China. The YLS Calendar provides information on all upcoming events.
“ The clinics at YLS offer students incomparable experiences in representation of poor and marginalized individuals and communities, real-world engagement in complex fields of law, and the development of strategic judgment critical to effective lawyering.”
Professor Muneer Ahmad