- Studying Law at Yale
- Our Faculty
Centers & Workshops
- Centers & Workshops
- Paul Tsai China Center
- Collaboration for Research Integrity and Transparency (CRIT)
- Cultural Cognition Project
- Debating Law and Religion Series
- Global Health Justice Partnership
- Gruber Program for Global Justice and Women’s Rights
- Human Rights Workshop: Current Issues & Events
- Information Society Project
- John M. Olin Center for Law, Economics and Public Policy
- The Justice Collaboratory
- Abdallah S. Kamel Center for the Study of Islamic Law and Civilization
- Law, Economics & Organization Workshop
- Legal History Forum
- Legal Theory Workshop
- The Arthur Liman Center for Public Interest Law
- Middle East Legal Studies Seminar
- The Oscar M. Ruebhausen Fund
- Orville H. Schell, Jr. Center for International Human Rights
- Robina Foundation Human Rights Fellowship Initiative
- The Solomon Center for Health Law and Policy
- Yale Center for Law and Philosophy
- Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy
- Yale Law School Center for Global Legal Challenges
- Yale Law School Center for the Study of Corporate Law
- Yale Law School Center for Private Law
- Yale Law School Latin American Legal Studies
- Quinnipiac-Yale Dispute Resolution Workshop
- Bert Wasserman Workshop in Law and Finance
- Workshop on Chinese Legal Reform
- Student Life
- YLS Today
- Info For
- Admissions application deadline: February 28
- Costs & financial aid: Tuition, $53,950; about 75 percent of students receive need-based financial aid. Yale Law School has one of the most generous post-graduate loan forgiveness programs in the country. Last year, YLS provided more than $4 million in benefits to 412 graduates.
- 2013 J.D. acceptance rate: 9 percent; enrollment rate: 81 percent
- Courses: More than 180 courses offered each year, with many opportunities for independent research and writing.
- Programs: J.D., LL.M., J.S.D., Ph.D., and M.S.L.; many joint degrees, including J.D.-M.B.A., J.D.-Ph.D., and J.D.-M.A.
- 25 clinics available, starting spring term first year; 77 percent of students take clinics
- 650 students come from 48 states and 29 countries
- 48 percent are female and 29.4 percent are from underrepresented racial or ethnic groups.
- Student/faculty ratio: 8.46 to 1
- Average class size: under 20 students
- Yale Law School offers generous fellowships for summer public interest work.
- Yale Law School has more than 13,000 alumni who are leaders in law firms, corporations, public interest, business, government, the judiciary, and academics in the United States and around the world.
Lillian Goldman Law Library
- The Lillian Goldman Law Library has nearly one million print volumes as well as unparalleled access to domestic, foreign, and international law databases.
- Special strengths of the collection include interdisciplinary works emphasizing law and the social sciences, extensive print and online resources covering foreign and international law, and an exceptional collection of rare and historical law books.
- The Public Affairs Office provides a range of services to media requesting information on the Law School, its faculty, students, and programs.
- YLS hosts hundreds of events each year on timely issues ranging from corporate ethics to food laws in China. The YLS Calendar provides information on all upcoming events.
“ You have an obligation to serve, by virtue of the privilege, opportunity, and talent that you have. You have an obligation to serve, in your way, at some point in time, in your career.”
Gina Raimondo ’98
Governor of Rhode Island, 2015 Commencement Address