- Studying Law at Yale
- Our Faculty
Centers & Workshops
- Centers & Workshops
- Paul Tsai China Center
- Collaboration for Research Integrity and Transparency (CRIT)
- Cultural Cognition Project
- Debating Law and Religion Series
- Global Health Justice Partnership
- Gruber Program for Global Justice and Women’s Rights
- Human Rights Workshop: Current Issues & Events
- Information Society Project
- John M. Olin Center for Law, Economics and Public Policy
- The Justice Collaboratory
- Abdallah S. Kamel Center for the Study of Islamic Law and Civilization
- Law, Economics & Organization Workshop
- Legal History Forum
- Legal Theory Workshop
- The Arthur Liman Center for Public Interest Law
- Middle East Legal Studies Seminar
- The Oscar M. Ruebhausen Fund
- Orville H. Schell, Jr. Center for International Human Rights
- Robina Foundation Human Rights Fellowship Initiative
- The Solomon Center for Health Law and Policy
- Yale Center for Law and Philosophy
- Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy
- Yale Law School Center for Global Legal Challenges
- Yale Law School Center for the Study of Corporate Law
- Yale Law School Center for Private Law
- Yale Law School Latin American Legal Studies
- Quinnipiac-Yale Dispute Resolution Workshop
- Bert Wasserman Workshop in Law and Finance
- Workshop on Chinese Legal Reform
- Student Life
- YLS Today
Laptop Purchase Program
The Financial Aid Office and Yale Law IT have partnered to offer a program that provides all students with the opportunity to purchase a laptop computer through the Law School. Students are eligible to participate in this program once during law school, during the academic year of their choosing. A one-time purchase of up to $3,000 is eligible for the program.
This program has a number of advantages for students:
- The laptop may be less expensive if purchased through YLS, and
- The laptop can be purchased through a COAP-eligible student loan with no upfront costs.
If you would like to purchase a computer this year, you are encouraged to sign up for the program prior to August 1, 2018. Computers ordered prior to August 1 will be available during Orientation week for 1Ls and during the first week of classes for 2Ls and 3Ls.
In order for the laptop cost to be charged to the student account, students must first sign up for a Yale Charge Account. ITS will submit charges to the Registrar’s Office as close to the first business day of the month as possible. Once the Registrar’s Office posts the charge, the Financial Aid Office will then process the loan request and the funds will disburse to the student account. This will ensure that the charge of the laptop and the disbursement of the loan are posted to the student’s account during the same billing period.
Financial Aid Eligible Students
At the time of delivery, students will complete the loan documents to cover the cost of the laptop, applicable tax, and loan origination fees. The loan will be processed and credited to the student account to clear the computer charge.
Non-Financial Aid Eligible Students
Students who are not eligible for financial aid will be solely responsible for payment to the University. The student will be required to sign a statement acknowledging responsibility for the purchase and payment, and payment will be due within 30 days of the charge to the student’s SIS account. If a student is not on financial aid but would like to borrow a COAP eligible loan to cover the cost of the laptop, please contact the Financial Aid Office for additional instructions.