- Studying Law at Yale
- Our Faculty
Centers & Workshops
- Centers & Workshops
- Paul Tsai China Center
- Collaboration for Research Integrity and Transparency (CRIT)
- Cultural Cognition Project
- Debating Law and Religion Series
- Global Health Justice Partnership
- Gruber Program for Global Justice and Women’s Rights
- Human Rights Workshop: Current Issues & Events
- Information Society Project
- John M. Olin Center for Law, Economics and Public Policy
- The Justice Collaboratory
- Abdallah S. Kamel Center for the Study of Islamic Law and Civilization
- Law, Economics & Organization Workshop
- Legal History Forum
- Legal Theory Workshop
- The Arthur Liman Center for Public Interest Law
- Middle East Legal Studies Seminar
- The Oscar M. Ruebhausen Fund
- Orville H. Schell, Jr. Center for International Human Rights
- Robina Foundation Human Rights Fellowship Initiative
- The Solomon Center for Health Law and Policy
- Yale Center for Law and Philosophy
- Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy
- Yale Law School Center for Global Legal Challenges
- Yale Law School Center for the Study of Corporate Law
- Yale Law School Center for Private Law
- Yale Law School Latin American Legal Studies
- Quinnipiac-Yale Dispute Resolution Workshop
- Bert Wasserman Workshop in Law and Finance
- Workshop on Chinese Legal Reform
- Student Life
- Admissions & Financial Aid
- YLS Today
To Receive Degree
- Complete Financial Aid Exit interview by May 1 (if you are a federal or Yale loan borrower) at www.yale.edu/sis—see “Status of Financial Aid requirements”
- Pay any outstanding charges on student account by May 1 at www.yale.edu/sis—see ebill/epay section
- Clinical students must consult with their clinic about how to transfer their clinical case information including their clinical email
- Report status of your job search by completing employment survey in Symplicity
- Approve your name for diplomas with the Registrar’s Office by March 29
- Complete bar release form in Registrar’s Office (https://law.yale.edu/bar-examiner-release-form)
- Enter diploma address on SIS (http://www.yale.edu/sis) see “Commencement”
Please note: if you are receiving your PhD, you will have additional procedures to follow. Check with the Graduate Programs Office.
To Participate in Commencement Exercises
- Order Regalia by April 1 (Order forms are available on the Yale Commencement website).
- If applicable, request disability accommodations for guests:
- Pick up invitations to the Sunday evening reception and to the Monday Commencement ceremonies in the Registrar's Office beginning in March.
- To confirm the pronunciation of your name for the Law School ceremony, login into to SIS at https://www.yale.edu/sis. Click on the Personal Data tab. Select NameCoach. Follow the prompts to record your name. Please speak slowly. The deadline for recording your name is March 29.
- If you are planning to have your children accompany you across the stage, please email Dean Cosgrove with their names by April 15. Graduate students should email Assistant Dean Gordon Silverstein.
- International students confirm visa status with OISS by March 15 and review immigration options for post-graduation employment in the U.S.
- All lockers must be emptied and locks removed by noon on May 16. All remaining locks will be cut and contents will be discarded.
- ** Graduating students must return their key tags and empty their lockers by May 22.
- All keys (mailbox, student organizations, and faculty offices) must be returned to Building Services, room 130 by May 16.
- All students must return their key tag by noon on May 16. You will be charged a fee of $25 for each key tag that is not returned. If the office is closed, place your key tag in one of the envelopes located in a pouch under mailbox #13. Then, place the envelope in the slot.
- Baker Hall residents can return their key fob, room key, and mailbox key to Building Services on or before May 26. A dropbox is also located in Baker Hall near the laundry room for your convenience. Please use the key envelopes provided near the dropbox with your name and room number
- All bikes must be removed from the main Courtyard to the upper courtyard by Entries J, K and L by noon on May 14.
** If you will be staying in town to work, or attend the bar classes or conduct research at the Law School and wish to keep your keys beyond May 16 (with the exception of your mailbox key), you must stop in Building Services, leave a deposit check made out to Yale Law School for $25.00 and sign up, indicating what day you will turn in your keys. If you do not turn in your keys by the date indicated, you must request an extension by sending an email to email@example.com, or you will be billed according to the above rates. Remember: Mailbox keys MUST be returned.
- Your YLS email account expires on June 30, 2020 (the year after your graduation). Review information on Yale email accounts post-graduation.
- Your access to The Wall continues through May 31st immediatley after your graduation.
- Your health coverage through Yale Heath ends on July 31 and cannot be extended. Make plans for post graduation health coverage to ensure you do not have a gap in coverage.
- Join the law school’s LinkedIn group, Yale Law Alumni & Students.
- Update your contact information with Alumni Affairs in order to receive invitations to reunions and regional events, the Yale Law Report alumni magazine, and the monthly alumni e-newsletter in one of two easy ways:
- Schedule an individual loan counseling session with the Financial Aid Office; email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please contact Symone Maguire in Human Resources (Ruttenberg Hall, RM 277 or email@example.com) if you plan to work for YLS as a Research Assistant, etc. post-graduation. Deadline for registering for summer student employment is Thursday, May 16.