- Studying Law at Yale
- Our Faculty
Centers & Workshops
- Centers & Workshops
- Paul Tsai China Center
- Collaboration for Research Integrity and Transparency (CRIT)
- Cultural Cognition Project
- Debating Law and Religion Series
- Global Health Justice Partnership
- Gruber Program for Global Justice and Women’s Rights
- Human Rights Workshop: Current Issues & Events
- Information Society Project
- John M. Olin Center for Law, Economics and Public Policy
- The Justice Collaboratory
- Abdallah S. Kamel Center for the Study of Islamic Law and Civilization
- Law, Economics & Organization Workshop
- Legal History Forum
- Legal Theory Workshop
- The Arthur Liman Center for Public Interest Law
- Middle East Legal Studies Seminar
- The Oscar M. Ruebhausen Fund
- Orville H. Schell, Jr. Center for International Human Rights
- Robina Foundation Human Rights Fellowship Initiative
- The Solomon Center for Health Law and Policy
- Yale Center for Law and Philosophy
- Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy
- Yale Law School Center for Global Legal Challenges
- Yale Law School Center for the Study of Corporate Law
- Yale Law School Center for Private Law
- Yale Law School Latin American Legal Studies
- Quinnipiac-Yale Dispute Resolution Workshop
- Bert Wasserman Workshop in Law and Finance
- Workshop on Chinese Legal Reform
- Student Life
- YLS Today
Yale Law Student Alliance For Reproductive Justice
Welcome to Yale Law Student Alliance For Reproductive Justice
Message From The Board
Yale Law Student Alliance for Reproductive Justice welcomes you to the YLS community! We at LSARJ strive to raise awareness, conduct advocacy, and spark productive conversation on reproductive justice issues in our law school community through an array of events throughout the academic year. Please join our community by attending any of our events or meetings-we look forward to meeting you.
2017-2018 YSARJ Board:
Adrian Gonzalez ’19
Alexandra Eynon ’19
Catherine McCarthy ’19
Cathy Greene LLM ’18
Charlotte Schwartz ’19
Elizabeth Villarreal ’19, Co-President
Emily Orman ’19
Isra Syed ’19, Co-President
Kate Logue ’19
Matt Lifson ’19
Rachel Kogan ’19
Samantha Schnell ’19
1L Programming and Annual Events
LSARJ organizes the following programs annually:
1L Orientation Event
Get to know LSARJ and other feminist organizations at the law school at a casual evening social event during orientation week.
Reproductive Rights Constitutional Law Primer
Learn everything you need to know about reproductive rights doctrine, from the early cases preceding Roe v. Wade up until the present, giving you the background to delve into this area of law further over the course of your legal studies. The primer is taught by Priscilla Smith, Director of the Information Society Project's Program for Reproductive Justice.
LSARJ-Sponsored Panel at the Rebellious Lawyering Conference (RebLaw)
RebLaw is the largest student-run public interest conference in the United States. Past LSARJ-sponsored panel discussions included: "Grassroots organizing around reproductive justice," "Criminalization of pregnancy," "Creative advocacy for reproductive justice," and "Who controls your birth control?"
Join LSARJ-members and YLS faculty members for intimate, small-group dinners in students' homes.
1L Research Projects with the Civil Rights Project
Do research for civil rights organizations, including organizations focused on reproductive justice issues. Past projects include working with Planned Parenthood of Southern New England to change a law in Connecticut that voids women's living wills if they are pregnant, regardless of the viability of the fetus.
In addition to the programs above, LSARJ organizes are variety of film screenings, reading groups, speaker events, conferences, and social events throughout the year.
If you are interested in learning more about LSARJ activities or would like to get involved with our organization, please do not hesitate to contact LSARJ Presidents Elizabeth Villarreal at firstname.lastname@example.org and Isra Syed at email@example.com.
LSARJ was previously known as Yale Law Students for Reproductive Justice (LSRJ). If you are an alum of either group who would like to stay in touch with LSARJ, please contact us so we can add you to our alumni database.