- Studying Law at Yale
- Our Faculty
Centers & Workshops
- Centers & Workshops
- Paul Tsai China Center
- Collaboration for Research Integrity and Transparency (CRIT)
- Cultural Cognition Project
- Debating Law and Religion Series
- Global Health Justice Partnership
- Gruber Program for Global Justice and Women’s Rights
- Human Rights Workshop: Current Issues & Events
- Information Society Project
- John M. Olin Center for Law, Economics and Public Policy
- The Justice Collaboratory
- Abdallah S. Kamel Center for the Study of Islamic Law and Civilization
- Law, Economics & Organization Workshop
- Law, Ethics & Animals Program
- Law School Access Program
- Legal History Forum
- Legal Theory Workshop
- The Arthur Liman Center for Public Interest Law
- Middle East Legal Studies Seminar
- The Oscar M. Ruebhausen Fund
- Orville H. Schell, Jr. Center for International Human Rights
- Robina Foundation Human Rights Fellowship Initiative
- The Solomon Center for Health Law and Policy
- Yale Center for Law and Philosophy
- Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy
- Yale Law School Center for Global Legal Challenges
- Yale Law School Center for the Study of Corporate Law
- Yale Law School Center for Private Law
- Yale Law School Latin American Legal Studies
- Quinnipiac-Yale Dispute Resolution Workshop
- Bert Wasserman Workshop in Law and Finance
- Workshop on Chinese Legal Reform
- Student Life
- Admissions & Financial Aid
- YLS Today
Middle Eastern and North African Law Students' Association
Welcome to the Middle Eastern and North African Law Students' Association (MENALSA)!
The Middle Eastern and North African Law Students' Association (MENALSA) provides a forum for engaging the Yale Law School community on the legal, political, social and cultural realities of the peoples of North Africa and the Middle East. We are an organization that represents law students of Middle Eastern and North African descent. We seek to build a strong and inclusive community for our membership, recognizing our diverse ethnicities, religions, languages, and identities. We also work to connect our membership to professional and academic mentorship and support. We welcome all students interested in advocacy in support of the MENA community.
Message from the 2019-20 MENALSA Co-Chairs
MENALSA is thrilled to welcome new 1Ls, transfer students, LLMs, and returning students to YLS.
MENALSA is an organization that represents law students of Middle Eastern and North African descent. We come from diverse backgrounds, representing various ancestries, religions, ethnicities, and identities.
We are excited to share that this year’s MENALSA board and membership is the largest and most diverse yet. Our members hail from over thirteen different states and have ties to at least eleven different Middle Eastern and North African countries.
Our members have held leadership positions in all corners of the law school, including First Generation Professionals, Think Different, the Yale Law Christian Fellowship, the Yale Law Muslim Student Association, the American Constitution Society, and the Yale Animal Society. Our community members come from enriching professional backgrounds as well, working at financial services institutions, technology companies, the non-profit sector, NGOs, and consulting firms.
As Chairs for the 2019-2020 school year, we are honored to serve such a vibrant and inspiring community at YLS. We are looking forward to an active and rewarding school year, and we can’t wait for you to join us!
2019-20 Board Members
Co-Chairs: Dana Khabbaz and Sumaya Bouadi
Treasurer: Sherry Tanious
Scholarship: Sumer Ghazala
Programming: Timur Akman-Duffy
Outreach: Sarah Lamsifer
3L Rep: Laith Aqel
Job Search Trainings
Monthly Social Events
Gratitude to our Sponsors
If you would like more information about MENALSA or would like to sponsor an event, contact us at email@example.com.