- Tuesday, February 2, 2021 at 12:00PM - 1:15PM
- Open To The Public
- Event URL
- Add to Calendar:
Join us on February 2 for the first installment of COVID-19 and the Law: Disruption, Impact, and Legacy, a Harvard-Yale forum.
How have our institutions, including the structure of our health care system and its attendant regulations, affected the evolution of the pandemic? What lasting changes have legal responses to COVID-19 introduced? Which institutions and intersectional issues have worsened or complicated the impact of and response to the pandemic? Join us for a critical reflection on changes the pandemic has introduced and their anticipated legacy.
This seminar series will consider the ethical, legal, regulatory, and broader social and institutional impacts that COVID-19 has had, as well as the longer-lasting effects it may have on our society. This first seminar in the series will focus on the interaction of COVID-19 with health law and policy.
- Introduction and Moderator: Katherine L. Kraschel, Lecturer in Law, Clinical Lecturer in Law, Research Scholar in Law, and Executive Director of the Solomon Center, Yale Law School; and Carmel Shachar, Executive Director, The Petrie-Flom Center for Health Law Policy, Biotechnology, and Bioethics at Harvard Law School
- Wendy E. Parmet, Matthews Distinguished University Professor of Law and Director, Center for Health Policy and Law; and Professor of Public Policy and Urban Affairs, Northeastern University School of Public Policy and Urban Affairs
- Ruqaiijah Yearby, Center for Health Law Studies; William C. Wefel Center for Employment Law, School of Law Professor; and Executive Director and Co-Founder, Institute for Healing Justice and Equity, Saint Louis University
- Nicole Huberfeld, Professor of Health Law, Ethics & Human Rights, BU School of Public Health; and Professor of Law, BU School of Law
This seminar series is organized in collaboration with the Petrie-Flom Center for Health Law Policy, Biotechnology, and Bioethics at Harvard Law School.
Solomon Center for Health Law and Policy
Petrie-Flom Center for Health Law Policy, Biotechnology, and Bioethics