- Wednesday, March 15, 2023 at 10:00AM - 12:00PM
- Baker Room 122
- Open To The YLS Community Only
- Add to Calendar:
(This event is closed to full and closed to further registration)
The Tsai Leadership Program invites you to join Positive Lawyering Workshops with Jordana Confino ’15, Assistant Dean of Professionalism & Adjunct Professor at Fordham Law School and Founder of JC Coaching & Consulting.
Positive Lawyering is a cutting-edge program designed to teach participants how to apply insights from positive psychology to achieve greater meaning, satisfaction, and sustainable success in their lives and work. Through a series of interactive workshops and coaching sessions, participants will cultivate greater self-awareness and learn how to deploy simple cognitive and behavioral strategies to spur connection, fuel engagement, find purpose, and maximize performance in every area of their lives.
Keynote session description:
From Chasing Gold Stars to Success on Your Terms: Leveraging the Science of Positive Psychology to find Greater Satisfaction in Your Life and Work
Lawyers and law students tend to be strivers by both nature and nurture. We set lofty goals and work fastidiously to meet them, certain that achieving "success" will bring us satisfaction. But science shows that this logic is backward. Although we THINK success will lead to happiness, the reality is that well-being actually fuels success. And the key building blocks for well-being are not necessarily what you might think. In this keynote, participants will:
- Learn how to apply evidence-backed insights from positive psychology (the science of human flourishing) and techniques from executive coaching to enhance their personal and professional satisfaction
- Explore the six elements of the PERMA-V model of well-being (Positive Emotions, Engagement, Relationships, Meaning, Achievement, and Vitality) and learn strategies for increasing their experience of each of them
- Walk away with a toolkit of exercises and an action plan for pursuing their own authentic vision of success
Students interested in participating in one or both of the deep-dive workshops are highly encouraged to attend the keynote. Each program will be followed by an optional virtual group coaching and discussion session designed to provide additional support for participants as they begin to apply new skills and concepts.
The deep-dive workshops are limited to 20 participants in each morning or afternoon session. If there is excess demand, we will keep a waitlist and inform you should space open up.
These workshops are open to YLS students only. For more information email email@example.com.
Tsai Leadership Program