- Monday, September 11, 2017 at 12:10PM - 1:00PM
- SLB 120
- Open To The YLS Community Only
- Add to Calendar:
Hey you, Are you interested in scholarship at the intersection of law (the thing we [kind of] do here) and real-world public policy (the thing you actually want to do)?
Well, do I have a deal for you! The Yale Law and Policy Review (YLPR) Volume 36 invites new and returning members to attend our Fall Welcome Meeting:
Monday, September 11th, 12:10pm-1pm, in Room 120
~Non-Pizza Lunch Provided~
We will be discussing the articles in our upcoming issue and presenting opportunities for new members to get involved. Students who cannot attend but want to get involved may sign up here to get more information! Feel free to contact us directly if you have any questions!
Past YLPR contributors include Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg, John Paul Stevens, and Clarence Thomas; President Bill Clinton; Vice President Al Gore; Secretaries of State Hillary Clinton and Cyrus Vance; Senators Bill Frist, Ted Kennedy, Joe Lieberman, and Arlen Specter; Ambassador John Negroponte; and Professors Richard Epstein, Owen Fiss, Harold Koh, Catherine A. MacKinnon, Robert Post, Judith Resnik, Susan Rose-Ackerman, and Cass Sunstein.
New Editor Opportunities:
1. New YLPR members, known as Editors, work on teams to proofread and cite-check individual journal pieces (No Blue-booking!). Last year, 40% of 1Ls participated as YLPR Editors. No application required!
2. Unique to our journal, every YLPR member gets to vote on the articles we publish.
3. Get involved with substantive work early on by joining a mini-edit team or running for an editorial position as a 1L.
4. This Spring, we'll be partnering with the Supreme Court Advocacy Clinic to host a law & policy conference with countless opportunities for 1Ls to get involved!
5. Join us for social events throughout the year!
Yale Law & Policy Review