- Studying Law at Yale
- Our Faculty
Centers & Workshops
- Centers & Workshops
- Paul Tsai China Center
- Collaboration for Research Integrity and Transparency (CRIT)
- Cultural Cognition Project
- Debating Law and Religion Series
- Global Health Justice Partnership
- Gruber Program for Global Justice and Women’s Rights
- Human Rights Workshop: Current Issues & Events
- Information Society Project
- John M. Olin Center for Law, Economics and Public Policy
- The Justice Collaboratory
- Abdallah S. Kamel Center for the Study of Islamic Law and Civilization
- Law, Economics & Organization Workshop
- Law, Ethics & Animals Program
- Legal History Forum
- Legal Theory Workshop
- The Arthur Liman Center for Public Interest Law
- Middle East Legal Studies Seminar
- The Oscar M. Ruebhausen Fund
- Orville H. Schell, Jr. Center for International Human Rights
- Robina Foundation Human Rights Fellowship Initiative
- The Solomon Center for Health Law and Policy
- Yale Center for Law and Philosophy
- Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy
- Yale Law School Center for Global Legal Challenges
- Yale Law School Center for the Study of Corporate Law
- Yale Law School Center for Private Law
- Yale Law School Latin American Legal Studies
- Quinnipiac-Yale Dispute Resolution Workshop
- Bert Wasserman Workshop in Law and Finance
- Workshop on Chinese Legal Reform
- Student Life
- Admissions & Financial Aid
- YLS Today
Deadline for 2019 Liman Yale Summer Fellowships Applications: Tuesday, January 22, 2019
All Yale undergraduates—with the exception of graduating seniors—are eligible to apply.
Applications must be submitted online through the Student Grants Database, which can be found at: studentgrants.yale.edu Please submit all documenets in PDF fromat. Except for your transcript, all documents must be in Courier New 12 pt font. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
A complete application for undergraduates at Yale includes:
- Your resume (no more than two pages), which should include both academic and work experiences, including volunteer work and public service projects.
- A reflective essay not to exceed 1,000 words about yourself, so that the Selection Committee can learn more about you. Please do not repeat your resume, and feel free to write about topics, ideas, or projects that engage you and that help us understand your commitments.
- Two letters of recommendation from Yale faculty (preferably, if possible, from ladder faculty, or faculty who have visited at Yale and now teach at another institution, rather than teaching assistants or graduate students). The recommendations should come from individuals who know your work.
- A copy of your current college transcript. (An unofficial copy suffices.)
- Summer host organization. You need not have secured an internship when you apply for the Liman Summer Fellowship. However, be aware that some summer internship application deadlines will pass before the Summer Fellows are selected. We therefore recommend that, if possible, you reach out to organizations in areas of interest to you to learn whether they can offer you a position and explain that you have pending applications for support. Once selections are made, you can return to those organizations you have contacted.
Liman Summer Fellowship placements must be within the United States. International placements are not eligible. Additionally, the Liman Center sponsors two designated summer fellowships, one at the Legal Action Center in its New York City and/or D.C. office, and one at All Our Kin in New Haven. Please review each organization’s website and indicate in this section of the application whether you would like to be considered for either of these placements.
For applicants who are selected but who have not already obtained placements, the Liman Center will assist in helping to identify internship opportunities that fit the Summer Fellows’ interests.
This section of the application should include, no more than one page, a description of the organizations you have contacted or are intending to contact for summer placement.