- Studying Law at Yale
- Our Faculty
- Centers & Workshops
- Student Life
- Admissions & Financial Aid
- YLS Today
Safety & Security
Emergency Resources at Yale
Learn about Yale’s public safety services.
Yale will alert you directly in an emergency through Yale ALERT. Update your contact information for this service.
During emergencies, updates will be posted to the front pages of the Yale's main website, the Emergency Management website, and YaleNews. Yale Law School will have Law School-specific updates on its website and through Facebook and Twitter.
Yale also has a list of procedures for emergency situations.
Safety & Health Contacts
|Police & Fire Emergency||911|
|Campus Police (non-emergency)||203-432-4400|
|New Haven Police Department (non-emergency)||203-946-6316|
|Yale-New Haven Hospital||119|
|Yale Law School Security Guard||203-432-8284|
|Yale University Campus Security||203-785-5555|
|University Security Nighttime Safe Rides||203-432-6330|
|University Security Walking Escort Service||203-432-9255|
|Yale Health - Acute Care||203-432-0123|
|Yale Facilities (emergency repairs)||203-432-6888|
|International Travel Emergencies
(International SOS, Yale's travel assistance provider)
|Yale Environmental Health & Safety||203-785-3555|
- Yale Shuttle: Yale University operates a free shuttle service throughout the campus and residential areas to the north. A nighttime schedule, nighttime door-to-door safe rides option, and walking escorts are available.
- Law School Shuttle: Yale Law School also has its own free shuttle service. A northbound shuttle departs from the corner of College and Wall Streets on the half hour 6:00 pm through 12:30 am. Call 203-432-6330 for southbound service or service between 12:30 am and 7:00 am.
- DoubleMap: Track the Yale Shuttle in real time online and by app.
- Transportation Options: to.yale.edu covers travel in and around New Haven.