- Studying Law at Yale
- Our Faculty
Centers & Workshops
- Centers & Workshops
- Paul Tsai China Center
- Collaboration for Research Integrity and Transparency (CRIT)
- Cultural Cognition Project
- Debating Law and Religion Series
- Global Health Justice Partnership
- Gruber Program for Global Justice and Women’s Rights
- Human Rights Workshop: Current Issues & Events
- Information Society Project
- John M. Olin Center for Law, Economics and Public Policy
- The Justice Collaboratory
- Abdallah S. Kamel Center for the Study of Islamic Law and Civilization
- Law, Economics & Organization Workshop
- Legal History Forum
- Legal Theory Workshop
- The Arthur Liman Center for Public Interest Law
- Middle East Legal Studies Seminar
- The Oscar M. Ruebhausen Fund
- Orville H. Schell, Jr. Center for International Human Rights
- Robina Foundation Human Rights Fellowship Initiative
- The Solomon Center for Health Law and Policy
- Yale Center for Law and Philosophy
- Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy
- Yale Law School Center for Global Legal Challenges
- Yale Law School Center for the Study of Corporate Law
- Yale Law School Center for Private Law
- Yale Law School Latin American Legal Studies
- Quinnipiac-Yale Dispute Resolution Workshop
- Bert Wasserman Workshop in Law and Finance
- Workshop on Chinese Legal Reform
- Student Life
- Admissions & Financial Aid
- YLS Today
Safety & Security
Emergency Resources at Yale
Emergency Resources at Yale
Yale University is prepared for all types of emergencies, should they arise. On this webpage are some of the various resources that are available to you in case of an emergency. In addition, there are a number of ways that Yale will alert you directly should there be an emergency that you need to be aware of. Please take a few minutes to read the descriptions of these resources, and register your information where needed so that Yale can reach you if need be.
Always remember to monitor the University’s Emergency Management website for up-to-date information in times of emergency. The Law School will also update the community with Law School-specific information on its website and through social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter.
Yale University provides a list of procedures to follow in various emergency situations. This list is not comprehensive, but is presented as a reference to assist you in responding to an emergency. Remember: do not take unnecessary risks; remain calm; and always use common sense.
Safety & Health Contacts
|Police & Fire Emergency||911|
|Campus Police||203 432-4400|
|New Haven Police Department||203 946-6316|
|Yale-New Haven Hospital||119|
|Yale Law School Security Guard||203 432-8284|
|Yale University Campus Security||203-785-5555|
|University Security safe rides & walking escort service||203 432-6330 or
|Yale Health - Acute Care||203 432-0123|
|Yale Facilities||203 432-6888|
|Yale International Travel Emergencies (24-hour)||203 785-5555|
|Yale Environmental Health & Safety||203 785-3555|
Campus Transportation & Security
Yale's to.yale.edu site covers travel in and around New Haven by car, bike, shuttle, plane, train, foot...even ZipCar.
Free Shuttle Service: There are many ways to travel around campus and the New Haven area safely and conveniently. Yale University operates a free shuttle service, which runs throughout the campus area and to the neighborhoods where most students live. The shuttle runs every ten minutes during the day.
DoubleMap: A real-time view of campus shuttle buses on a campus road map. Users can also use the DoubleMap app to GPS-track the shuttles on the go.
Zipcar Program: In addition to public transporation options, Yale University also participates in the Zipcar program, which offers students the ability to rent a car per hour/day at a discounted rate. For more information, visit www.zipcar.com/yale.
Nighttime Shuttle Services: At night, in addition to regular shuttle routes, minibuses provide door-to-door service between University buildings and residences. A law school shuttle also runs between 6 p.m. and 12:30 a.m. The law school shuttle is exclusively for Yale Law students and picks up at the law school's main entrance. In many instances, they will take you from the law school to your front door in New Haven. If you need a ride between 1:00 am and 7:00 am, you should call the main safe ride number (203 432-6330) to request shuttle service.