Friday, March 22, 2019
Commemorating the Honorable Jane Bolin ’31
On February 28, the Black Law Students Association hosted a Black History Month Closing Celebration, commemorating Judge Jane M. Bolin ’31, the first black woman to graduate from Yale Law School and the nation's first African American woman judge, and celebrating the black women jurists who followed in her footsteps. The event was co-sponsored by the Historical Society of the New York Courts.
- Hon. Leslie Abrams Gardner '02, U.S. District Judge, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- Dr. Jacqueline McLeod, Professor of History and Africana Studies, Metropolitan State University of Denver
- Hon. Dianne T. Renwick, Associate Justice, New York State Supreme Court, Appellate Division, First Department
- Hon. Angela C. Robinson '89, Retired Judge, Superior Court of the State of Connecticut
- Hon. Rowan Wilson, Associate Judge, New York Court of Appeals