- Studying Law at Yale
- Our Faculty
Centers & Workshops
- Centers & Workshops
- Paul Tsai China Center
- Collaboration for Research Integrity and Transparency (CRIT)
- Cultural Cognition Project
- Debating Law and Religion Series
- Global Health Justice Partnership
- Gruber Program for Global Justice and Women’s Rights
- Human Rights Workshop: Current Issues & Events
- Information Society Project
- John M. Olin Center for Law, Economics and Public Policy
- The Justice Collaboratory
- Abdallah S. Kamel Center for the Study of Islamic Law and Civilization
- Law, Economics & Organization Workshop
- Law, Ethics & Animals Program
- Legal History Forum
- Legal Theory Workshop
- The Arthur Liman Center for Public Interest Law
- Middle East Legal Studies Seminar
- The Oscar M. Ruebhausen Fund
- Orville H. Schell, Jr. Center for International Human Rights
- Robina Foundation Human Rights Fellowship Initiative
- The Solomon Center for Health Law and Policy
- Yale Center for Law and Philosophy
- Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy
- Yale Law School Center for Global Legal Challenges
- Yale Law School Center for the Study of Corporate Law
- Yale Law School Center for Private Law
- Yale Law School Latin American Legal Studies
- Quinnipiac-Yale Dispute Resolution Workshop
- Bert Wasserman Workshop in Law and Finance
- Workshop on Chinese Legal Reform
- Student Life
- Admissions & Financial Aid
- YLS Today
Transcripts, Verification, and Bar Forms
To Request Transcripts
Official transcripts may be requested online or by writing to the Office of the Registrar, Yale Law School, P.O. Box 208215, New Haven, CT 06520-8215, or by faxing your request to (203) 432-7069. We do not accept requests by telephone or email.
You may use this transcript request form, or send in a written request. All requests must include your full name at the time of enrollment, date of birth, year of graduation, daytime phone number, the address where you would like the transcript(s) mailed, your signature, and whether each transcript should be individually sealed in its own envelope.
No more than 10 official copies may be ordered at one time. There is usually a 24- to 48-hour turnaround time. There is no per-transcript fee. If expedited delivery service is requested, there will be a charge for each address to which a transcript must be sent.
Current students may request an unofficial transcript online. There is usually a 24- to 48-hour turnaround time.
To Verify Enrollment and Degree Verifications
Letters verifying enrollment in Yale Law School, and the date degrees were awarded, may be obtained by completing a request form from the Registrar’s Office, by writing to the Office of the Registrar, Yale Law School, P.O. Box 208215, New Haven, CT 06520-8215, or by faxing your request to (203) 432-7069. Requests from third-parties may use this form.
We do not accept requests by telephone or email. All requests must include the student's full name at the time of enrollment, date of birth, year of graduation (if known), daytime telephone number, the address where the letter should be mailed, and the signature of the requester. There is usually a 24- to 48-hour turn-around time.
PDF transcripts are not available to students who attended Yale Law School prior to 1996.
Grades for all degree students are earned as:
- Honors: Performance in the course demonstrates superior mastery of the subject.
- Pass: Successful performance in the course.
- Low Pass: Performance in the course is below the level expected for the award of a degree.
- Credit: The course has been completed satisfactorily; no particular level of performance is specified. All first-term courses and certain advanced courses are offered only on a credit/fail basis.
- Failure: No credit is given for the course.
- Requirement Completed (RC): Indicates J.D. preparticipation in Moot Court or Barristers’ Union.
There is no required “curve” for grades in Law School classes. Individual class rank is not computed.
If the bar to which you are applying requires that the Law School complete a form, please bring the form into the Registrar’s Office or mail the form to the Office of the Registrar, Yale Law School, P.O. Box 208215, New Haven, CT 06520-8215. If the bar also requires that we submit a copy of your law school application or other pertinent information, please request this at the time of the submission of your bar form. Students in their final semester should complete a Bar Release Form. Students applying to the NY Bar should review the FAQs for New York Bar Exam Applications for JD Candidates.