Health/Mental Health Crisis

If you (or a classmate) are experiencing a medical emergency or are in significant distress (suicidal ideation, self-harming, difficulty adjusting, suffering with a personal crisis, becoming socially withdrawn etc.):

  • Seek the nearest emergency room, or dial Yale Police at 203-432-4400, 911 or your local emergency response service for medical and ambulatory assistance. Yale Police can provide on-site assessment and referral to a mental health professional.

  • f you have an urgent concern, call Yale Mental Health & Counseling at 203-432-0290 or Yale Health Acute Care 24/7 at 203-432-0123 to discuss your concern and they can advise on next steps

  • If it is a matter related to sexual assault, sexual harassment, or intimate partner violence you may also contact the Sexual Harassment and Assault Response and Education Center (SHARE) at 203-432-2000

  • If you want to discuss your concerns generally, please contact one or more of the following:

Clinical Counselor Mia Wilson

Phone TBD

Wellness Counselor Catherine Banson


Peer Advocates

When in doubt, please reach out to one of us!

Financial Concerns

Financial Aid: 203-432-1688


Office Hours: M-F 9-4:30

Legal Concerns

The following resources are available for graduate students with legal needs:

  • Ask-A-Lawyer:  Each month during the academic year volunteer lawyers are available for one-on-one consultations.

    • These clinics, overseen by the New Haven County Bar Association Board of Directors and the Lawyer Referral Service Committee, are currently not running but may resume once public libraries re-open. In the interim, consider contacting the Lawyer Referral Service for a referral: 203-562-5750 (M-F 9-4:30). All of the attorneys in the LRS are experienced private practitioners in good standing, have offices in the greater New Haven area and charge regular legal fees. Note: the Modest Means Program is not currently running.

  • Free Referral Service:  A list of lawyers who have agreed to offer free consultations and discounted services is available from the Yale Graduate School of Arts & Science (GSAS)

  • International Legal Problems: International students with a visa issue or similar international-student-specific issue can contact  Parker Emerson at the Yale Office of International Students & Scholars (OISS). Parker is experienced at handling these problems and can connect students with immigration lawyers.

  • Landlord Disputes:  The Office of Off Campus Living mediates discussions between Yale students and their landlords