Current Students FAQ
For information and instructions for connecting to Yale WiFi, click here.
Law Students can download Microsoft Office for free at http://yale.onthehub.com
Your new Yale password can be activated with a PIN at www.yale.edu/netid.
Yale provides 50GB of collaborative online storage at Box. Your Yale Box account can be accessed at http://yale.box.net/. Use your Yale NetID and password to access your account.
Yale Law School uses the University-wide printing system called BluePrint which is powered by Papercut.
Printing information for law students is available at https://www.law.yale.edu/printing. This includes configuration instructions for printing from your personal computer, common issues, and a list of Law School printers.
Students are granted access to a shared print account for their academic printing needs. Print jobs charged to this account are directly billed to YLS IT. Students needing to add funds to their print account for personal printing activities can add funds online (you must be on-campus or connected to the Yale VPN to access this site).
When printing, if you have any issues such as a failed print job, please submit a request a refund for a failed print job (you must be on-campus or connected to the Yale VPN to access this site).
Yale VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a way to securely access a remote network. Yale VPN allows eligible individuals to access Yale resources from a non-Yale internet source as if they were directly connected to the campus network.
The Yale VPN is connected via Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client. This can be downloaded at the Yale software site.
Yale Law School email can be accessed at outlook.com/yale.edu
Forwarding mail from your Yale Office 365 mail account to another email account such as Gmail is not recommended. Security features, such as encryption, may be lost when forwarding. In addition, the Gmail Send As feature no longer works with Office 365, so you must log in to your Yale Office 365 account to send messages with your Yale email address.
It is recommended that you use the Outlook App on iPhone or Android to view your Yale email on your smartphone.
Outlook for iOS
- Open Outlook for iOS
- If it is your first time, enter your full email address, then tap Add Account
- If not, open the Menu > tap Settings > Add Account > Add Email Account
- Enter your email account password and tap Sign In
- Verify your identity using DUO
- Accept any prompts for permission you may receive
- Swipe through the features and you’re now ready to use Outlook for iOS!
Outlook for Android
- Open the Outlook app
- If this is the first account you are setting up in Outlook, click the Get Started button
- If this is not the first account you are setting up in Outlook, click the gear icon in the upper right side of the app and select Add Account
- On the Add Account screen, enter your full email address, for example (firstname.lastname@example.org) and then tap Continue
- On the Yale screen asking for your work or school account, enter your full email address and password and tap Sign in
- Verify your account using DUO
- On the Account Added screen tap Skip
- Outlook will now begin syncing your Mail, Calendar Items and Contacts
Note--Most modern web browsers support access to outlook.com/yale.edu which does not require the installation of an email program and can be accessed securely from public computers.
Outlook 2019/2021 and Outlook 365 (PC)
If you don't have a Startup Dialog box as the instructions suggest, go to File (or Office button) then Account settings to find the Account Configuration window instructed by the second step.
Contact YLS IT. Outlook is the recommended mail client for use with Office 365.
If you need assistance, please contact the YLS IT Services help desk at (203) 432-0821 during business hours.
LinkedIn Learning is an online software training service that is free for all Yale users. Your Yale NetID and password should give you access.
Class recording requests are NOT taken via email. These requests should be placed on the AV Requests Calendar.
Please consider the following:
- Recording requests should be made at least 24 hours in advance of the class.
- Written permission from the instructor is required.
- Recordings of classes should only be requested for absences because of either religious observance or a school-related trip.
- Personal audio or video recordings of classes are not allowed without prior written permission of the instructor.
Please email email@example.com to make arrangements for borrowing AV equipment.