Who Uses COAP?
From 1989 through 2022, more than 2,000 Yale Law School graduates have participated in COAP, receiving over $58 million in benefits.
YLS alumni in COAP have recently worked for (among many others):
- The U.S. State Department
- The ACLU
- Human Rights Watch
- Private firms in Washington, D.C., Jackson, Mississippi, and Seattle, Washington
- The Texas Defender Service
- The New York State Attorney General
- The NAACP Legal Defense Fund
Note: Deferred students should refer to COAP terms specific to the class year to which they were originally admitted.