- Studying Law at Yale
- Our Faculty
Centers & Workshops
- Centers & Workshops
- Paul Tsai China Center
- Collaboration for Research Integrity and Transparency (CRIT)
- Cultural Cognition Project
- Global Health Justice Partnership
- Gruber Program for Global Justice and Women’s Rights
- Human Rights Workshop: Current Issues & Events
- Information Society Project
- John M. Olin Center for Law, Economics and Public Policy
- The Justice Collaboratory
- Abdallah S. Kamel Center for the Study of Islamic Law and Civilization
- Law, Economics & Organization Workshop
- Law, Ethics & Animals Program
- Law School Access Program
- Legal History Forum
- Legal Theory Workshop
- The Arthur Liman Center for Public Interest Law
- Middle East Legal Studies Seminar
- The Oscar M. Ruebhausen Fund
- Orville H. Schell, Jr. Center for International Human Rights
- Robina Foundation Human Rights Fellowship Initiative
- The Solomon Center for Health Law and Policy
- Yale Center for Law and Philosophy
- Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy
- Yale Law School Center for Global Legal Challenges
- Yale Law School Center for the Study of Corporate Law
- Yale Law School Center for Private Law
- Yale Law School Latin American Legal Studies
- Quinnipiac-Yale Dispute Resolution Workshop
- Bert Wasserman Workshop in Law and Finance
- Workshop on Chinese Legal Reform
- Student Life
- Admissions & Financial Aid
- YLS Today
Complaint & Disposition
March 3, 2014: James Cottam, James Davis, Kevin Marret, Conley Monk, George Siders, National Veterans Council for Legal Redress, Vietnam Veterans of America, and Vietnam Veterans of America Connecticut State Council filed a Complaint in the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut.
Nov. 14, 2014: Judge Warren Eginton issued an Order remanding individual Plaintiffs to the Boards and dismissing the organizational Plaintiffs’ claims without prejudice.
Briefing on Motion for Class Certification
June 30, 2014: Plaintiffs moved for class certification.
August 7, 2014: Defendants filed their Opposition to Plaintiffs’ Motion for Class Certification.
September 5, 2014: Plaintiffs filed a reply in support of the motion for class certification.
Briefing on Government Motions to Remand
July 2, 2014: Plaintiffs filed an Opposition to Defendants’ Motion to Remand.
July 16, 2014: Defendants filed a reply in support of their motion to remand.
Sep. 9, 2014: After issuance of the Hagel Memo, Defendants moved to remand a second time. For more information on the Hagel Memo, please see the Monk v. Mabus Updates page. For details on how to apply for a discharge upgrade under the Hagel Memo, please see the Resources for Veterans Seeking Discharge Upgrades page.
Sep. 24, 2014: Plaintiffs filed a Partial Opposition to Defendants’ second motion.
Oct. 8, 2014: Defendants filed a reply in support of their second motion to remand.
Briefing on Government Motion to Dismiss
June 30, 2014: Defendants filed a Motion to Dismiss and for Summary Judgment.
Aug. 8, 2014: Plaintiffs filed Opposition to Defendants’ Motion to Dismiss.
Sep. 5, 2014: Defendants filed a reply in support of their motion to dismiss and for summary judgment.