- Studying Law at Yale
- Our Faculty
Centers & Workshops
- Centers & Workshops
- Paul Tsai China Center
- Collaboration for Research Integrity and Transparency (CRIT)
- Cultural Cognition Project
- Debating Law and Religion Series
- Global Health Justice Partnership
- Gruber Program for Global Justice and Women’s Rights
- Human Rights Workshop: Current Issues & Events
- Information Society Project
- John M. Olin Center for Law, Economics and Public Policy
- The Justice Collaboratory
- Abdallah S. Kamel Center for the Study of Islamic Law and Civilization
- Law, Economics & Organization Workshop
- Legal History Forum
- Legal Theory Workshop
- The Arthur Liman Center for Public Interest Law
- Middle East Legal Studies Seminar
- The Oscar M. Ruebhausen Fund
- Orville H. Schell, Jr. Center for International Human Rights
- Robina Foundation Human Rights Fellowship Initiative
- The Solomon Center for Health Law and Policy
- Yale Center for Law and Philosophy
- Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy
- Yale Law School Center for Global Legal Challenges
- Yale Law School Center for the Study of Corporate Law
- Yale Law School Center for Private Law
- Yale Law School Latin American Legal Studies
- Quinnipiac-Yale Dispute Resolution Workshop
- Bert Wasserman Workshop in Law and Finance
- Workshop on Chinese Legal Reform
- Student Life
- YLS Today
Mendoza v. Testo, et al.
Marvin Mendoza filed a federal lawsuit on November 10, 2014 against Off the Hook Bar and Grill, a seafood restaurant with locations in Stratford and Westbrook, Connecticut. For nearly a year, the restaurants’ owner Andrew Testo stole Mr. Mendoza’s wages, shouted insults and profanities at him, and threatened him with knives. Mr. Mendoza and members of the workers’ rights organization Unidad Latina en Acción (ULA) held a protest at Off the Hook in Stratford and attempted to hand-deliver the lawsuit to Mr. Testo.
Complaint, Mendoza v. Testo et al., No. 3:14-cv-01664 (D.Conn.) (November 10, 2014)
Press Release, Mendoza v. Testo et al., No. 3:14-cv-01664 (D.Conn.) (November 10, 2014)
- Protestan Por Falta De Pago A Immigrante, El Sol, March 6, 2015.
- Jessie Sawyer, Man Claims Ex-Employer Withheld Wages, Threatened Him, NBC Connecticut, November 13, 2014.
- Doug Stewart, Employee sues, says Stratford business owner threatened him with a knife, Fox Connecticut, November 10, 2014.
- Jonathan Kantrowitz, Rally Today for Restaurant Worker Suing Knife-Wielding Boss for Wage Theft and Emotional Abuse, Connecticut News, November 10, 2014.
- Michelle Tuccitto Sullo, Worker at Westbrook restaurant claims boss menaced him, denied fair wages, New Haven Register, November 11, 2014.